City : Volunteering Mall : Different Ways to Volunteer
Ways you can get volunteering...
There are lots of different types of volunteering, from taking part in a fundraising event, to helping local people with daily tasks.
Below we've listed a variety of ways you can get volunteering with links to further information...
One of the most rewarding ways to volunteer is to work with a local charity or volunteering organisation to help your own community.
There are lots of ways to get involved in Bracknell:
- Involve Bracknell - Bracknell Forest & Wokingham Borough's volunteering organisation and centre.
- Bracknell Forest Council - You can volunteer at local libraries, schools, and to take pride in local areas.
- Bracknell Conservation Volunteers - Get involved with local environmental conservation.
- Thames Hospice - Offering a variety of roles around retail and the community.
- Healthwatch Bracknell Forest - Get involved with finding out what the local community thinks of local health services.
- Home-Start Bracknell - Help as a home visitor, fundraiser, or with group support.
- Citizens Advice Bracknell - Get involved in a variety of roles from administration to campaigning.
You can easily volunteer for a national charity by getting involved in national events, awareness days, charity shops, and fundraising.
Here are some of charities you can get involved with...
You can also take a walk around town to find local charity shops where you can ask at the till whether they have any volunteering roles open.
One Off Events
If you know that you won’t be able to commit to a project long term then there are plenty of projects which only require a one-off commitment.
You can get involved in events such as marathons or sporting events by being a steward, one off activites, and even festivals!
Lots of the organisations listed above have opportunities for getting involved in one off events.
If you want to volunteer from home you can do that as well!
E-volunteering means you can help from your home, and in your own time. Projects are varied and include anything from social media to website help, proof-reading or translating.
You can find e-volunteering opportunities on Do-it.org by simply selecting 'Do-it from home', here.
Lots of people like to volunteer abroad in the summer holidays or once they have left school!
Volunteering abroad is a great opportunity to explore the world, help those in need, and test your limits.
Many volunteering abroad organisations put together volunteering programmes that include flights, materials, food, accomodation, and training. These programmes usually cost a lot of money, but as the experience is organised for you, it can be good value.