City : Apprenticeships Prow : Other places to Find Opportunities
Where to find opportunities...
Whilst the best place to look for apprenticeships in the UK is the Gov.uk apprenticeships website, there are some other places where you might be able to find opportunities:
- Local Newspapers: The Bracknell News and The Bracknell Times will sometimes advertise local opportunities for apprenticeships so keep an eye on them!
- JobCentre Plus: Your local JobCentre Plus advisor may be able to give you advice and support in your application
- Local College or School Teachers and Careers Advisers: If you are in education there should be a careers adviser in your institution who can help you. They will advise you on your options and support you in the application process and through the interview.
- Unifrog: Unifrog provide schools with careers programmes to help students figure out what they want to do and how to get there. Ask your school careers advisors whether they have Unifrog for you to use.
- Paragon Skills: A national apprenticeship provider which covers a range of industries and sectors. Visit the Paragon Skills website here.
- Directly Contacting Employers: If you know somewhere that you would like to do an apprenticeship, but can't find a specific placement, then don't worry! You can always contact the employer directly and ask if they would consider taking you on.
This will involve contacting a high up member of staff and sending them a CV and cover letter or speaking to them directly. You must show how enthusiastic and passionate you are about their company. Even if they haven't got an opportunity, they'll be impressed that you took the initiative to go to them and ask!
Here are some useful videos where people discuss their experiences with apprenticeships