City : Apprenticeships Prow : Places that can Help
The majority of opportunities come through the NAS website, so that should be the first place you go to. Listed below are some other places where you might be able to find opportunities:
- Local Newspapers: The Bracknell News and The Bracknell Times will sometimes advertise local opportunities for apprenticeships so keep an eye on them
- JobCentre Plus: Your jobcentre advisor may be able to give you advice and support in your application
- Local College or School Teachers and Careers Advisers: If you are in education there should be a careers adviser in your institution who can help you. They will advise you on your options and support you in the application process and through the interview.
- Unifrog: you may have heard about Unifrog at school or through your career’s advisor but it’s an easy way to find apprenticeships in your area and links in with the National Apprenticeship website.
- Paragon: A national apprenticeship provider which covers a range of industries and sectors
- Directly Contacting Employers: If you know somewhere that you would like to do an Apprenticeship, but can't find an advert for a placement, then don't worry! You can always contact them directly and ask if they would consider taking you on. This will involve contacting a high up member of staff and sending them a CV and cover letter or speaking to them directly. The key here is to show how enthusiastic and passionate you are about their company. They will be impressed that you took the initiative to go to them and ask!