City : Money, Housing and Benefits : Money and Job Hunting
So now you've got an interview that's fantastic! But have you considered the costs of an interview? Here are some things to budget for and bear in mind:
You will probably need a smart outfit to go to the interview in, most probably a suit, but this will depend entirely on the job you are going for. As a general rule the smarter the better.
If you've never bought a suit before here is some advice that you might find useful.
- It should be comfortable and smart, as a general rule you can't go wrong with a black suit.
- Remember that a suit means either Jacket + Trousers OR Jacket + Dress/Skirt and Shirt.
- Places for men to go to get a suit in Bracknell Forest: Moss Bros., Burton Menswear, Next, Topman, Bentalls
- Places for women to go to get suits and smart clothing in BracknellForest: Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Topshop, Jacques Vert, Next, Coast, Phase Eight, Bentalls, New Look
- See your suit as an investment, you will be able to wear it to all your interviews and when you get a job you will be able to wear it to work as well!
Remember! If you are registered with Jobcentre Plus they may be able to help you with the cost of buying a suit, ask your Work Coach for more information.
You might want to bring along a couple of copies of your CV and your application, so you can hand it to them if they need it. It’s a good practice to take along your CV to the interview and you’ll need to look at it carefully when preparing for the interview.
Remember that when you get a job you are entitled to be paid at least the national minimum wage.