City : Money, Housing and Benefits : Help with Housing

Money, Housing and Benefits

These are Services provided in Bracknell Forest to help you with housing and benefits:

  • Local Crisis and Emergency Housing Grants

    shadowing.gifBracknell Forest Council offers two schemes for Bracknell Forest residence, crisis grants and home emergency grant scheme for everyone who is at least 16 years of age.

    The purpose of the home emergency grant scheme is to provide what is needed to set up home after an emergency or to set up the first home if leaving care or an institution.

    The purpose of the Local Crisis Grant Scheme is to provide a one off short term payment to address a crisis that is unforeseen and cannot be addressed by help from family, friends, charities or insurance. 


  • Housing Benefit

    house.gifIf you have to pay rent and you are on a low income you can claim Housing Benefit to help you pay. It only depends on income so it doesn’t matter if you are in or out of work.

  • Council Tax Reduction

    If you are under 18 you do not have to pay Council Tax.

    If you are 18 or over on a low income and have to pay Council Tax, you can get help to pay from the Bracknell Forest Council Tax Support Scheme.

  • Mortgage Interest Run On

    This is money that you can get towards the cost of a house if you are starting to work full-time, working more hours or are earning more money. There is more information on this site: Mortgage interest run on

  • Help Finding Housing

    If you are looking for accommodation, you might find it useful to get hold of:

    • names of hostels, bed & breakfast hotels and emergency accommodation
    • names of accommodation agencies
    • addresses of local housing associations and housing cooperatives
    • advice on approaching the local authority as a homeless person
    • information on local housing available for people with special needs.

    The Homeless UK website has information about services for homeless people, including hostels, day centres and other advice and support services. 

    Shelter can also help you to find housing and give homelesseness advice.

    house.gifIf you're looking for private rented accommodation, check if landlords are part of an accreditation scheme. Accreditation schemes are voluntary schemes that landlords join to show that they provide good quality accommodation. For more information about accreditation schemes in England, go to ANUK.

    You may be able to get help from a local authority housing advice centre 

    You can also contact Bracknell Forest Homes if you are actively looking for a new home. They are a not-for-profit housing association providing 5,900 rented and 1,100 leasehold homes.


Log in and complete this floor.