City : Enterprise Road : About Starting a Business
Starting your own business...
If you're an ideas person and you're always thinking of new businesses you could start then starting your own business might seem like a great option! You can be self-employed, build your ideas, and even make a successful product that might benefit people's lives.
BUT this career path is certainly not the easy option, as it requires an awful lot of time, money, and resiliance!
Making the leap from employee to entrepreneur means changing not only your lifestyle, but also your mindset. You need to be determined, forward thinking, and driven to make your business ideas a reality.
Before spending time, money, and energy starting a new business, you should ask yourself: Do I have what it takes to own a business or, am I better suited to being an employee?
Could I start my own business?
Figuring out whether you've got what it takes to make a successful business isn't easy - you have to really know yourself and trust in your capabilites.
Below we've listed 15 important questions to ask yourself, to see if you really could start your own business...
15 Questions to ask yourself
- Have you got a great idea for starting a business?
- Are you passionate about the business you want to run?
- Is your idea different, special, or unique in any way - could you make it stand out?
- Have you researched what similar businesses are already out there?
- Who will your customers be and how will you find them?
- Have you discussed your idea with anyone who might have a useful view on it? Was their response positive?
- Do you have any business experience, or someone with business experience that could help you?
- Will you be happy working long hours, often on your own?
- Are you good at motivating yourself and others?
- How quickly would you be able to get your business up and running?
- What would you have to spend to set up your business?
- How long might it take to start making a profit?
- How will you finance your business until you start making a profit? And, more importantly, how will you cover your living expenses?
- How will you reinvest your profits to make the business grow?
- Having thought all this through are you still excited about it?