City : Splash Support : Help on Abuse and Crime
There is a new leaflet offering advice and support about hate and mate crime, produced by Bracknell Forest Council:
- It tells you what hate crime is;
- It tells you what mate crime is;
- It will tell you what you can do;
- It gives you details of who to contact if you have been affected.
The leaflet can be found here:
Where can I get help from?
- Tell someone like your care manager, your parents, a good friend, your support worker;
- Tell the police;
- Tell the Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Team on 01344 351500 (weekdays before 5pm) or 01344 786543 (after 5pm or at weekends);
- If you are out, find a Safe Place to get help;
- Safe Places will have a sticker in their window;
You can also use a reporting centre like:
- Stop Hate UK - 0808 802 1155 - email@example.com;
- Voice UK ( a helpline: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) - 080 880 28686 - firstname.lastname@example.org;
- True Vision (you can report a HAte Crime through their website) - www.report-it.org.uk .
Tell them what happened to you. Tell them it was a Disability Hate Crime.
Where can I find out more?