City : Apprenticeships Prow : FAQs
Below we've listed some of the most common FAQs about apprenticeships...
Why do an apprenticeship?
- It gives you the opportunity to work for an employer, earn a salary, and gain a qualification,
- You will gain valuable work experience and transferable skills that will look great on your CV,
- It's an opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification,
- It's a great way to continue your education without being in school or college 5 days a week.
Will I get a job at the end of it?
- At the end of an Apprenticeship, which can last more than 3 years, you will get a national qualification that is recognised by employers around the world.
- A high percentage of apprentices move on to a job after finishing their apprenticeship and often are employed by their apprenticeship employer.
- Even if you don't stay with your apprenticeship employer, your qualification proves that you have excellent skills and experience which is attractive to future employers.
- You will also have the choice of continuing your studies by going on to Higher Education at college or university.
What does an apprentice do?
- You will have a full-time job with a minimum of 30 hours a week, learning the skills you need by directly working with them.
- Some Apprenticeships require you to go to college (or your Apprenticeship provider) one day a week, other Apprenticeships are all done online.
- You’ll work towards recieving a nationally recognised qualification that showcases your new skills and talents.
What types of apprenticeship are there?
There are hundreds of different types - you can get an apprenticeship in almost any career! Listed below are typical subjects for apprenticeships, but there is nothing stopping you from approaching a business and asking them if they have any alternative opportunties if you have an idea what you want to do!
The most common apprenticeships in the Bracknell Forest area are:
- Customer Service
- Construction & Building
- Hairdressing, Barbering, & Beauty Therapy
- Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Services
- Hospitality and Catering
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance
- Hospitality & Catering
- Warehouse and Distribution
- Public Services